Desolation Road Studios is now accepting applications for the 3rd Annual Altamont Art in the Park Juried Arts Festival which will be held on Columbus Day Weekend 10/12/13 with a rain date of 10/13/13. The show will run from 9am thru 6pm with music by Rusticator.
Desolation Road Studios is now accepting applications from all artists 18 years of age and older.
Applications must be postmarked by July 31st 2013. Late applications will be considered on a space available basis.
Open to all artists 18 years of age and older creating original works in any media including: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics, fibers, mixed media, woodworking and glass.
The jury fee is $10 and is non refundable. Booth fees are $75.00 per 10 ft sq. Should you want to purchase a larger booth, an additional 10 ft square can be purchased for $50.00. All artists must have a white tent.
• Artists may check in on show day from 7 am until 8:30 am. Your exhibit must be ready when the show begins at 9 am Saturday.
• Exhibit space will be assigned in a park setting. There is no staking on the Village Green so plan for windy conditions with weights. Each artist is responsible for his or her own display, which must be staffed by the artist at all times during the show hours. Volunteers will be available to assist for short periods of time.
• Only original fine art may be exhibited. Commercially manufactured items or items made from commercial kits or molds are unacceptable. Buy sell is not allowed. This will be strictly enforced.
• Desolation Road Studios reserves the right to prohibit the display of any work which it determines at its discretion is without redeeming social value or work that is inconsistent with submitted images.
• Artists must present only their own work in their assigned space.
• All artists will transact their own sales and are responsible for complying with the state and local sales tax regulations.
Online submissions may be made by e-mailing your three images and the completed pdf application form to: email@example.com . Images must be jpeg, tiff or png formats and less than 3 MB.
Applying by mail:
To submit an application by traditional mail include:
- Completed (PDF). You can downoad it here: 2013 Altamont Art in the Park Juried Art Show Application
- Images of art work in digital format saved on CD or DVD. Images must be saved as a JPG and 300dpi or less. Disk should be labeled with name of artist and title of artwork.
- Payment in U.S. dollars (check or cash only). Checks should be made payable to Desolation Road Studios.
and mail application form to:
Desolation Road Studios PO Box 457 Altamont, NY 12009
Applications will not be returned to artist.
If you have questions about the show or the application process, please contact Jim @ Desolation Road Studios at 518-608-4749 or send an e-mail inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Desolation Road Studios is proud to sponsor a showing of some of the best artwork that the Guilderland High School Art Department has to offer for a three week showing starting on June 16th with an Opening Reception on June 20th from 5:30-7:00pm. The show will be up until July 7th. The art in this showing will be the the work of graduating seniors and those moving on to college careers in the art field. These talented kids are going on to colleges like The Fashion Institute, NYU, SUNY Purchase and Lyndon State College. We’re proud to showcase these students and their work! Show your support for the arts and our local youth! Come in to see their hard work and efforts!
Juried Arts and Crafts Festival Winners…
1st Place Karen Woodin-Oil on Canvas
2nd Place David Smyth-Pottery
3rd Place Joan Benson-Tole Painting
Honorable Mentions-Amy Atkins-Pottery
Honorable Mention-Deb Zarrett-Mixed Media Collage
Honorable Mention-Beverly Cornelius-Basketry
Honorable Mention-Cheryl Gutmaker-Glass
Honorable Mention-Lars Turin-Pottery